Monday, May 18, 2015

"You think too much"

My friends and family tell me I think too much. There really isn't a point during my experience where I'm NOT thinking about something, so given just that, I can understand where they are coming from. However I believe it is necessary to think as much, and the way I do. Not for everybody or even anybody else, but for myself. I only have my brain, my body, and my past. A lot of it is shared with a lot of people, that is those who are/have been close to me and those who aren't. Every individual I have ever had experience with plays a part in my personal development. But my development wouldn't be, without another important factor: me lol.

I grew up around people with fundamental beliefs that "we are here on this earth to help others". And I grew up to find out that we can't help others unless we help ourselves first. So I would often find out that people with their hearts in the right place, didn't have their minds there too. I see it when people talk about how wonderful their religion is, but anyone against it is somehow making a mistake that WILL land their soul in hell. Or when people use patriotism as justification to be chauvinistic (assholes basically). Two wrongs don't make a right, it makes a MESS. And the people who wanted nothing to do with either side to begin with, are left to clean it up. 

Anybody in that situation would be upset! Imagine entering your new room to find it completely destroyed, as if a tornado went right through. And in the middle of the mess you find 2 children fighting each other. Children you didn't create or adopt, with no one to claim responsibility for them.  That's the type of scenario too much patriotism and emphasis on nationality creates, in a sense. We are alive in that type of scenario right now, and too many people are too self righteous to accept it for change. So I feel like we're stuck in a rut until that improves.

I by NO means want to imply I am not one of the assholes making things suck. I'm not TRYING to make things worse, I'm trying to make things better (for myself and others). But I realize with all the potential any individual has, we all only have our lives to realize such potential. In that sense we are limited, infinite beings. Infinite in potential, but not in life span.

Also I would rather live with patriots than terrorists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment